http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF9CAeYhQII The world says you are a body and a mind. Doctors treat your physical problems, while psychologists treat your mental and emotional problems. These are the only two parts they can figure out – the visible body and the invisible mind. But the Bible says that you have three parts, not just two! You have a body – but you are more than your body. You have a mind, you think thoughts and have feelings, but you are more than just a mind. The “real you” is spiritual. It is your spirit that lives forever, long after your body and mind stops working. In fact, it’s useful to think of yourself in this manner:
- Your Body is mostly World-Centered (your body feels pleasure and pain as it interacts with physical stimuli).
- Your Soul is mostly Self-Centered (your mind is always asking what do I think, how do I feel, what will I do, etc.).
- Your Spirit is mostly Christ-Centered (if you are born-again – this is where the New Creation took place).
So… are you World-Centered, Self-Centered, or Christ-Centered? That depends on which part of you is the strongest! See how it works?
You can’t connect with God through your body or mind.
- They live by feelings, not faith.
- They try to figure everything out with their mind, and usually end up frustrated.
- They are easily deceived and easily misled by people and things that “sound good.”
- They lack a sense of true connectivity, intimacy, or oneness with God.
(Actually, this is the root problem with Religion – it tries to force a connection to God through physical, emotional, or logical methods instead of the “Spirit and Truth” approach that God requires.) If you are Born-Again, that kind of up-and-down, confused life is total unnecessary. But before you can understand and benefit from the spiritual life, you must understand some basic Scriptural truths:
- God created you with a spirit, soul, and body.
- Your union with God is spiritual – not mental or physical.
- If you learn how your spirit functions, you can make it strong enough to rule over your body and mind and enjoy all the benefits of a spiritual walk with God.
In this double-CD teaching you’ll learn how to tell the difference between your Spirit, Soul and Body – what they are, how they function, how they are different, how to recognize those differences, and how to get your Spirit, Soul, and Body working together in the unity that God intended. This teaching is clear, concise, Biblical, and strongly recommended for Christians who are ready to experience the joy of walking in the spirit and not in the flesh.
2 MP3 Audio Files (instantly download to your computer)
Total Program Length: 2 hours 23 minutes